CRASH Jewelry makes sustainable cuffs, bangles, earrings, necklaces and accessories
CRASH began as a crazy idea after a visit to an art gallery opening. Among the featured art was an assemblage of different pieces of salvaged car metal that had been welded together to create a stunning sculptural 'landscape'. Christi and her friend couldn't stop looking at it. Her friend joked, "Hey, you should make jewelry from the leftover car metal at the shop!" Christi thought, ‘why not?’
Obviously, CRASH is completely different from most jewelry. At first glance you won’t even comprehend that it is a cuff or necklace made from the hood, door, or quarter panel taken from a Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale. After learning its pedigree, you will smile or laugh in disbelief. Seriously. We see this all the time and it never fails to make us happy.
Each piece of CRASH jewelry is made by hand from cars with their original factory paint. Every item comes with a Certificate of Authenticity that states the type of car it came from and the date it was made. We take pride in ensuring that your CRASH
Every piece of CRASH Jewelry begins with the metal from a door, hood, fender or quarter panel that is being replaced on a luxury car such as a Ferrari, Maserati, Audi, Mercedes or Porsche. We cut the metal into different shapes and styles which we then sand, polish and rivet. To complement our original designs, we often use stainless steel from the wheel surround of a Mercedes G Wagon, giving it a hammered texture. Other designs require that we add semi-precious gemstones or vintage components. The last step is to add a laser-etched CRASH tag and give it a final polish before sending it out to the customer. All of our jewelry is completely hand crafted by the artisans in our studio based out of a Los Angeles body shop.
- I love that Christi Schimpke can see beauty in a slab of wrecked metal. Her imagination and craftsmanship are extraordinary. I have several Crash cuffs, a pair of crash hoop earrings, and even got a his and hers pair of Crash rings. And out of all the things I have given him over the years, my man wears his crash cuff and
crashring the most! Her pieces are unique and make a statement: be prepared to chat if you wear them. People always inquire, introverts be forewarned! - Kelly Colbert
- I stumbled onto Crash a year and a half ago when looking for Christmas ideas for my wife. Not only are the designs stunning, but the parts with which they are created are perfect for anyone that has a love of cars. We are Porsche fanatics so Crash’s designs are a perfect fit! There is not a single occasion in which my wife is wearing a piece of Crash jewelry that she does not get a compliment. Christi is an absolute joy to work with and clearly takes great pride in her products. Even if your significant other is not a car fanatic, you cannot go wrong with one of these pieces. The pricing is incredibly fair considering the craftsmanship and uniqueness of the product. I will be a client of Crash for many years to come! - John
- CRASH is not just great to look at, I love that I'm wearing a gorgeous cuff make from an exotic car. Christi has a great eye for design, for a perfect blend of stone, metals, and etching. I have several pieces, and I especially love the comfort of the leather lining. - Jean Jennings
As you know this will be my third purchase of Crash jewelry and I couldn't be happier with the product and the service you have provided me. Crash has always made the effort to get my orders to me before special occasions or when I just forget to order on time. I enjoy the fact that I have been able to give my wife the exotic car or
pieceof that car, that I have always wished she could have. Thank you for the great service and gifts, Customer always - Larry Garlock
- My recipients and I all cherish the CRASH jewelry very much. The beautiful design, exquisite workmanship, and its upcycling concept make us wear them with joy and pride! - Annie Steinmetz
- I couldn't be happier with the earrings I bought. I have a friend I was shopping for who loves jewelry and I wanted to get her something unique. CRASH was the perfect place! The quality, packaging and service were top notch! I highly recommend them! -Kasey O’Day
- Whenever I wear my Crash jewelry the comments from admirers are not just "how beautiful!", but also "how unique
and andoriginal!!" Everything is hand made and custom ordered and it shows!! I couldn’t be happier to be a repeat customer. -Ruthanne Iliff
- In the Crash Collection, Christi has created stunning designs that can be worn for both casual and more elegant events. By recycling metals from wrecked cars, she not only provides environmentally friendly jewelry, she provides an instant conversation starter for all of us gear heads who appreciate fine cars along with wonderful jewelry. - Jim Hirsch
- My boyfriend is a car fanatic and extremely hard to buy for. I ordered cuff links for him for Christmas and he absolutely loves them. It is the perfect gift for anyone who loves high-end automobiles. I received my order in just a couple of days. The experience was perfect. I will be purchasing more items in the future from CRASH, hopefully something for myself! -Heather McNeil
- Max REALLY liked the keychains! He thought they were SO cool and cannot decide which one he likes better. The square one is sophisticated, but the triangular one has personality :) And it is actually sort of a pity to order such things via the internet, because they look WAY BETTER (not that the photos were not great) up-close. The quality and workmanship is really impressive! Thank you again!!!! - Brianne (and Max)
- I just love Crash Jewelry. I have several beautiful pieces, that I often wear. Christi’s color and design skills are phenomenal. Using metal from scrap is recycling at its best. - Rikki Sax
100% Made in the USA
Our products are made by artisans (who happen to love nice cars!) in Los Angeles, CA, USA. Every CRASH Jewelry order arrives in quality recycled gift boxes with our signature CRASH logo. Open the box and you'll find your jewelry wrapped inside a soft muslin white bag with a Certificate of Authenticity. CRASH Jewelry is either aluminum or steel alloy depending on the car and the location from which it came, e.g., door versus hood. All paint is original factory paint.